Embedded Systems Engineer
Accountable to support design and application of embedded software and hardware in a robust, cost-effective manner to meet customer specifications.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
Required is a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with three years of experience. Preferred experience in the development of electronic assemblies for automotive electronics and electric motors. Experience in associated methods and processes of ASPICE and ASI Standards. Expereince with industry standards electronic testing like EMC, ESD, etc. The candidate must have the ability to translate complex customer performance specifications into robust, cost-effective product designs. Must be able to identify problems, design effective tests, analyze data and draw valid conclusions. This position requires good interpersonal skills to work with the internal team and the customer. Ability to speak German and or Chinese is beneficial.
- Selection and development of optimal motor concepts in collabration with interdisciplinary development teams for automotive actuators, especially in the area of vehicle thermal management.
- Development of electronic assemblies, in particular for controlling small drives and actuators (e.g. BLDC and stepper motors, CAN/LIN interfaces).
- Printed circuit board layout and component selection taking into account automotive requirements for series production.
- Evaluation of various electric motor concepts with regard to characteristic curves, designs and costs for various thermal management applications.
- Carrying out tests in order to meet customer requireemtns and troubleshoot according to existing standards like EMC, ESD, etc.
- Works with the customer and the mulitnational internal engineering group to develop, negotiate and obtain customer approval of the product specification, including DVP&R.
- Ensure that the product design meets the product specification through complete execution of DV tests, thorough data and part analysis and accurate reporting.
- Develop engineering timing and resource requirements with Program Management for (HIPE) APQP process.
- Plan and Execute Design of Experiments (DOE) as necessary to support root-cause analysis.
- Ensure that a thorough and accurate DFMEA is prepared and updated per the (HIPE) APQP process.
- Lead the design review to ensure accurate tolerance stacks are prepared both for dimensional and geometric tolerances, that appropriate modeling has been performed with acceptable results, lessons learned are reviewed and design guidelines are used.
- Evaluation of concepts and designs in particular with regard to function, durability, manufacturability, costs and project timing.
We are an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
Job Type: Full-time